Wednesday 24 March 2010

JDM ALLSTARS PRE-SEASON WARM UP

Just a quick update from the my Warm up/testing day at silverstone on the 20th March.

The car was completed on the 18th march by myself, Evan Macer (Technical Manger =]) Jared Tovee (Electrical advisor) James Gillet (general helper) and Emily Villar (Girlfriend/General manager/making The Car Mint Manager) .

The hardest part of this had to be making sure the car met the professional Reg's for 2010 JDM ALLSTARS Series - a fine tooth comb was definitley needed ;)

A massive thanks to my Friend Paul Cartwright with the "towing taxi" for getting the car and myself there - made it hassle free for me!! =]

Once we had arrived, me and Ev set-up the boost on the car to 0.9 bar and got it ready for some laps.

I think the only words going through my head all day were "mental entrys". This was a challenge for myself which a few others, mainly being James Deane, caught on to.

After a few mentalish entries on my own, Scotty in the Rocket bunny S13 and I twinned , the only two cars twinning.... Sweet!!

The day went on with no hiccups, apart from one minor problem: Snapping the mounting of my hydro handBrake! Not a big deal really as it was good practice for me with out one.

The car passed Scutineering. :)

So i'm pretty much ready for round one now.

Full Build Updates to follow.

For now Have a look at the Motormavens Write up from my good Friend Daniel Bridle.

http://motormavens.com/2010/03/coverage-jdm-allstars-at-silverstone/


And a Video from Scotty!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers